Skip to main content

How was your weekend?

So how was everyone's Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Our Thanksgiving was awesome. We had a traditional meal at Dustin's family's house. There was 3 different kinds of turkey: traditional roasted, deep fried, and cajun. Cajun was my favorite. We had sides of super sweet potato, dressing, mashed potato, french style green beans, and my other favorite frito corn salad. It was so good to eat a traditional meal; it felt like it's been so long. We had some leftover turkey and fed it to the puppies. Hiro loved it, of course. He was doing spins. We went over to my aunt's house shortly after, still stuffed to the gizzards. The food was so good, I had to eat some more. I love cheese lobster! I brought over some Italian creme cake from Sam's..and omg, that thing is good! I had two slices. Sam's is the best. RIP Willy

Did you buy anything for black friday? I did a little bit. I woke up early around 3 am and bought stuff online. I ordered a tool box for Dustin that came out to $100. It's a full sized one, too...like it's got wheels. I'll be picking it up at Sears sometime soon. Anyone who's been to our house knows our garage is a mess, right? We packed our stuff in those huge Rubbermaid bins when we moved to the house. It's been a year, and we still hadn't unpacked most of it. For my black friday, I went to Lowe's and bought these steel shelves for less than $45 each. those things are heavy in the box, too. 109 lbs! and two old men lifted 3 of them onto my cart. I've got two put up so far in the garage, and looking at my garage now and back then is like night and day. What a great deal. Once we move Dustin's wooden dummy to the other side, I'm putting up another shelf that we'll probably store his shoes. I'm amazed at how much room we have in the garage. Next project will be to clean out the study room closet! Whew.. Cathy, you're helping me...heehee.

Oh yeah, we bought our new front load washer and dryer set from Sears on Wednesday. The washer had options we needed such as jeans cycle, sanitary, allergy, etc. The free pedestals deal was due to expire that day, so I had to move quick. Good thing, too. We've got a buttload of laundry to do.

Comments

Cathy Nguyen said…
Thanks for mentioning me.

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Pony

Meet Einstein, the world's current smallest newborn horse born 3 days ago. He's a pinto stallion that stands 14 inches tall and weighs 9 lbs. What a cutie patootey. All together now... AAAAWWWWW. That St. Bernard's face is priceless.. he's prolly going.. "duh, look at the shrimp." Source

Washer and Dryer

We waited all year for Black Friday to get a new washer and dryer. Our old washer wasn't that old and worked fine, however our dryer which was a hand-me-down twice was on its last leg. We bought a front loading washer and dryer, though it wasn't a black friday sale, it was a pre-black friday sale. Sears pricematched and the sale included the pedestals, which run $250 a piece. They don't do anything, which is so lame. Could just have effectively put the washer and dryer on cement blocks. Anyway, bought he detergent at Sam's. Had to give the old Cheer powder detergent to my parents... it was still new. I washed and dried my huge comforter along with the sheets with no problems. I gathered all the puppies' stinky blankets and washed them in the sanitary and baby wash. The wash took quite awhile, but when we took them out the blankets smelled CLEAN. You cannot tell the puppies had those blankets in their crates... no sign of stinky boston terriers . I love ou

Hello Kitty Lolita

It's Hello Kitty Lolita... Speaking of Hello Kitty... gotta have your bathroom accessories.