Skip to main content

Final Exam done!

Yay, I finally finished my final exam. I hope I did okay on it. What a long weekend last week. Here's a recap:
I had planned on going shopping for Christmas decorations and whatnot the day after Christmas.
So I was playing with Cafe World and was getting ready to go to bed. The puppies and Dustin were already asleep after a long day of eating and opening presents : ) . Suddenly, the doorbell rang like around 12 or so. I couldn't see out, but it was Ly and she said she was just robbed by 2 guys. Seriously, robbed on Christmas?! My first instinct was to wake up Dustin and tell him to go get his gun. I was out for blood mode. I guess I should have consoled Ly, but I really wanted to hurry up and catch the robbers and beat the bejesus outta them. We drove her back to her apartment, and you could see her body outline in the snow. Weird. We drove around for awhile hoping to recover some of her stolen items since the robber fled on foot. Went to bed at 2 a.m. so tired...

So we got out at around 9 a.m. to take care of Ly's bank and phone account. Cathy got a Build-A-Bear gift card and was itching to use it. Anyway, we went dumpster diving for Ly's purse and Gordo (penguin). People really need to learn how to properly tie garbage bags. It was really a matter of beating the clock before the dumpster trucks rolled by. I found a bag of playballs that I took back for the puppies, and an UNOPENed & SEALED GQ magazine. Too bad the DJ Hero box was empty. It felt like forever that we were checking dumpsters. We drove through the residential neighborhoods, checked the nearby creek as if we're looking for a deadbody... At one dumpster, we found a stuffed penguin, but it wasn't GORDO. This man was standing at that dumpster ready to ponce on anyone who tried to take away the couch he was guarding. We were getting hungry, too. Finally, we saw some ghetto apartments...sheesh. Ly's such a quitter..she wanted to bail. That's why I rule on eBay!

We drove into the ghetto apartments. It's like night and day compared to Ly's area of the city. Ly stayed in the car so we could make a quick getaway if needed, and Cathy was in charge of calling 911..just in case, of course. Unfortunately, I had the gloves...doesn't matter since I've touched so much puppy poop anyway.

In a nearly empty dumpster, I saw the purse. I had to blink several times to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. I really should have called "Finders Keepers" on the real Gucci purse like I did with all my other "buried treasures." I signaled for her to come over quick, and she was only concerned that Gordo was in the purse. I was centimeters from reaching the purse, so I had to lean in the dumpster (and inhale its grossness..yuck!) and use a trunk hook to fish it out. She checked the purse, and unfortunately, he wasn't there : ( But at least the purse, wallet, and all of Ly's shopping card & bank card was still there. He took her cookie monster that had a hole in it and was full of quarters for laundry. Seriously?? It's QUARTERS, what's he gonna do with them, make a wish?! We hurry back to her apartment and retrieve an umbrella, car wash pole, and a step stool. I used the pole to move the trash around and even managed to poke myself in the eye with it...no black eye, though. No luck...Gordo and her phone were still missing. Finally, we went home..but at least her purse was recovered.

Ly decides to stay at her apartment that evening. Once again, I was playing on Cafe World. At around 11:30 p.m. I hear my cell phone ring. I saw the number and didn't recognize it. I immediately thought it was Ly calling from a cell phone. I missed the call, and called back. It was a girl asking if I'd lost an iphone. I told her it was my sister's and that it was stolen. She said this guy sold it to her at a club. I asked her how much she paid for it, hoping that we could just pay her the same amount back. She just told me not much. Apparently, her mom entered the room, and she called her to her mom that she was talking to the owner's sister. She was saying how she was glad I called her back. She had been going down the recent calls list. She called "Home" but the asian made said he had no daughter. She said she had took the sim card out of the phone and that it was charging. She said she didn't want to make any calls from the phone since it was probably traceable and didn't want to get caught with a stolen phone. I told her she couldn't anyway since the sim card was deactivated. She asked me to how it got stolen. She commented that my sister needed to be more careful--she could've been killed. She said she looked at the pictures on the phone and said the owner looked around her age and just graduated. Then she asked "wassup with the penguin?" I said it was a present from her boyfriend before he moved to Brazil so it means alot to her; it was one of the things stolen. She was went on and said, "I'm black, I'm poor!" and she needed a cell phone. I told her she couldn't keep it because it has all the pictures of her boyfriend and the penguin, and now that the penguin is gone, she doesn't have anything left. I told her that if she knew who robbed Ly if they could just tell us where they threw the penguin. She said she didn't know. She said she'll return the phone and asked if I could meet her. She said she was in the "grove" and I told her we're in west mesquite. She said she couldn't meet in Balch Springs, and it was better to just meet her at her place. She never asked for any money, and just before we hung up, I told her God bless you for wanting to return the phone. She made a comment about stealing on Christmas.

We (Dustin, me, Ly, and Cathy) all piled in my little mustang the day to go pick up the phone. The apartments were alittle nicer than what I had in mind. So Ly and Dustin go in together. He says the lights were off, and the entire family was sitting in front of the little tube tv. The girl was still sleeping even though I called her earlier to say that we're almost there. Ly gives her $50 for her reward. As we're leaving the parking lot, she runs out and ask if Ly wanted the charger since she has no phone and won't be needing it. At first Ly said no, but Dustin said to give her more money for being so honest and that the family was really poor. I gave $30, and Ly gave an additional $20--making the total $100 for the phone. It's probably how much she paid for the phone in the first place. She said she might know someone who was there and that they said the penguin was in a dumpster somewhere on Frankford. She's going to report them and go look for the penguin. We printed out a map of the area, and saw that there were two roads that led directly to Ly's apartment from where we found the purse. It was not a pretty site. Taking that direct route was fast and was less than a mile from Ly's apartment. Whew.. we (Dustin) dumpster dived some more with no luck for Gordo.

I still think he's out there...probably not in a dumpster though. He'll show up... just BELIEVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Pony

Meet Einstein, the world's current smallest newborn horse born 3 days ago. He's a pinto stallion that stands 14 inches tall and weighs 9 lbs. What a cutie patootey. All together now... AAAAWWWWW. That St. Bernard's face is priceless.. he's prolly going.. "duh, look at the shrimp." Source

Washer and Dryer

We waited all year for Black Friday to get a new washer and dryer. Our old washer wasn't that old and worked fine, however our dryer which was a hand-me-down twice was on its last leg. We bought a front loading washer and dryer, though it wasn't a black friday sale, it was a pre-black friday sale. Sears pricematched and the sale included the pedestals, which run $250 a piece. They don't do anything, which is so lame. Could just have effectively put the washer and dryer on cement blocks. Anyway, bought he detergent at Sam's. Had to give the old Cheer powder detergent to my parents... it was still new. I washed and dried my huge comforter along with the sheets with no problems. I gathered all the puppies' stinky blankets and washed them in the sanitary and baby wash. The wash took quite awhile, but when we took them out the blankets smelled CLEAN. You cannot tell the puppies had those blankets in their crates... no sign of stinky boston terriers . I love ou

Hello Kitty Lolita

It's Hello Kitty Lolita... Speaking of Hello Kitty... gotta have your bathroom accessories.